- Constantly mindful of client’s expectations such as deadlines, client procedure, deliverables, and flow of information.
- Convey client concerns or difficulties to appropriate staff member and present personal input for appropriate solution.
- Review monthly financial statement within 24 hours of completion by the bookkeepers.
- Prepare and review quarterly and year-end payroll tax returns including W-2s and 1099s as needed.
- Prepare amortization schedules for prepaid expenses, deferred charges and loans,
- Schedule property and equipment in our software and calculate depreciation and amortization.
- Prepare less complicated individual, fiduciary, corporate, and partnership income tax returns with the goal of completing and filing 85% by April 15.
- Prepare journal entry transmittals to send to clients as needed.
- Assist in planning and related documentation for review and compilation engagements.
- Maintain familiarity with pertinent IRS sections and regulations.
The successful candidate will exhibit the following success factors:
- Maintain a high level of organization.
- Comply with professional standards.
- Exhibit the ability to learn from mistakes and change approach when necessary.
- Ability to organize researched facts and evaluate and interpret information according to client circumstances.
- Assume the responsibility of being a team player and adjust to various personalities and working styles.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and constructive, insightful and timely communication skills.
- Work autonomously under the pressure of tight deadlines and multiple priorities.
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- B.A./B.S. degree from an accredited school.
- Proficient analytical skills.
- Understand basic accounting theory but may not have experience to know when to apply specific procedures or consult directly with the client on all matters.
Interested, qualified candidates for any available job opportunity should a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.