- Maintain contact with clients throughout the business year.
- Provide clients with proper quarterly tax planning and prepare individual, fiduciary, corporate, and partnership income tax returns with the goal of completing and filing 85% by April 15.
- Prepare journal entry transmittals to send to clients as needed.
- Examine research findings, client paperwork, and tax returns; ensuring conclusions are coherent with firm guidelines and professional standards.
- Attend new client installation/strategy meetings.
- Reconcile subsidiary accounts to general ledger control balances when necessary.
- Review quarterly and year-end payroll tax returns including W-2s and 1099s.
- Prepare amortization schedules for prepaid expenses, deferred charges and loans.
- Schedule accrued expense computations and verify the bases for accruals.
- Schedule property and equipment in our software and calculate depreciation and amortization.
- Review monthly financial statements within 24 hours of completion by the bookkeepers.
- Monitor bookkeeper production in your section.
- Realizes the big picture for the client’s business, objectives, and industry and considers innovative business solutions for client conflicts.
- Perceives firm business development opportunities through existing or new contacts.
- Helps promote firm brand through interacting with clients and personal network.
The successful candidate will exhibit the following success factors:
- Good team player with a positive attitude and willingness towards team.
- Accepts ownership of personal career objectives and seeks out mentors/coaches within the firm to help reach aspired goals.
- Fosters loyalty and trust with clients and firms’ staff.
- Maintain familiarity with pertinent IRS sections and regulations.
- Displays problem solving skills and effective, insightful and timely communication skills.
- Work autonomously under pressure of tight deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Comply with professional standards.
- Dress and act professionally.
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- B.A./B.S. degree in Accounting.
- Accounting skills and knowledge of tax law/rules.
- Experience preparing returns and research tax issues.
- Understanding of GAAP.
Interested, qualified candidates for any available job opportunity should a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.