Although QuickBooks is designed for the layman to understand, the initial setup and installation must be done correctly in order for future information to be accurate. This task is even more complicated if you switch from manual accounting operations to QuickBooks in the middle of the year.
Which accounting method will you use? What chart of accounts do you need for your business? How do you handle beginning balances?
An expert can easily answer all of these questions and complete the initial setup and installation in a timely manner. In addition, your accounting employees receive training on the accounting software to enhance their performance.
All information necessary to set up manual accounting records is also necessary to set up and install QuickBooks on your desktop. We also now set up QuickBooks Online as a cloud application. This is a popular option!
How much does it cost? We first want to find out a little more about your business and your accounting records before we quote you an exact price. Rest assured that we work with many small business owners and our rates are designed to fit the budgets of our clients.
As with any accounting software program, installation and training take time — time taken away from managing your business. Here’s a short list of the services we provide during your QuickBooks setup:
- Study and evaluate your software and accounting needs
- Determine which application is best for your business — Online or Desktop
- Recommend software and hardware requirements
- Install software, and design and set up chart of accounts and entire accounting package including payroll, accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable, etc.
- Determine your QuickBooks starting date
- Load your chart of accounts and balances as of that starting date
- Prepare a list of the items that you sell to your customers, including services, inventory parts, and non-inventory parts, as well as other charges and sales taxes
- Enter your outstanding accounts receivable and accounts payable details as of your starting date
- Input your ending statement bank balances and outstanding checks and deposits in transit as of your starting date
- Print a trial balance as of your starting date and compare it to your trial balance from your old system
- Enter your transactions since your starting date into QuickBooks
- Train you or your staff in use of software to meet accounting, management, and tax needs