Gift CPAs is growing and seeking a HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST!
Gift CPAs offers expert coaching to small businesses throughout Central PA, providing guidance and advice on how to address both the day-to-day challenges of business operations and to develop plans for reaching big-picture, long-term goals, and objectives.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as a Human Resources Generalist (HRG). The position reports to the Marketing Partner and assists with cultivating positive employee relations. The Human Resources Generalist aids with and facilitates the human resource processes at all locations and will consist of an HR department of one.
To be successful in this role, you must have high energy, be adaptable to changes, progress professionally, provide solutions, and conduct yourself in an ethical, trustworthy manner. The HRG will have a full understanding of the way the Firm operates, the precise nature of the firm’s purpose and its challenges to ensure it meet its objectives, goals, and vision and to enable the firm to succeed.
- Represent Gift CPAs in a courteous, professional manner at all times
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to state and federal requirements such as I-9 documentation, EEO, E-Verification, ACA and Annual notifications, posting notifications, etc.
- Maintains, administers, and monitors all employee disability and/or FMLA requests
- Promptly respond to employee questions and concerns
- Create and distribute employee related documents and correspondence
- Provide customer service to firm employees
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to the Leadership Team
- Arrange firm-wide meetings as requested
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance of human resource policies and procedures and their dissemination through employee handbooks, communications, and/or meetings
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
- Assume other responsibilities as required and assigned
- Maintains personnel files with current information
- Monitors personnel evaluation system
- Updates personnel policies; communicates and interprets policies to all employees
- Maintain HR Teams Channel with current documents and information
- Prepares/coordinates preparation of Performance Profiles
- Complete termination paperwork and assist with exit interviews
- Organize planned training, education, and employee development activities as an investment to promote individual success and to increase overall value to the organization
Recruitment Efforts/New Hire Process
- Posts job ads and organize resumes and job applications
- Plan and organize annual recruitment initiatives through Colleges and Universities
- Manage and monitor pipeline of resumes for future hires
- Conducts phone screens, schedules job interviews and assists in interview process
- Recruits and interviews candidates for administrative and professional positions
- Administers pre-employment assessments
- Ensures background and reference checks are completed
- Plan and make improvements to new employee onboarding programs to foster positive attitudes toward company goals and ensure new hire employee satisfaction
- Directs new employee orientation program (request designated logins, workstation, email address, etc.)
- Prepares employment or compensation and confidentiality agreements
- Oversees the completion of compensation and confidentiality documentation
- Administers all employee benefit programs
- Recommends revisions to maintain a competitive compensation and benefits package
- Negotiates contracts with benefits vendors to provide maximum benefits at lowest costs
- Performs payroll/benefit-related reconciliations
- Performs payroll and benefits audits and implements any corrective action
- Minimum: Associates Degree plus five years of experience as an HR Generalist
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree plus three years of experience as an HR Generalist
- Strong knowledge of State and Federal Labor Laws
- Professional Certification, SHRM, HRCI is a plus
- Microsoft Office suite experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Occasional same-day travel to attend meetings or seminars
- Occasional travel between Firm locations to meet with employees, as needed
- Attendance at internship fairs and staff recruiting events, as needed
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
- Use a computer, telephone, and other office equipment
- Sit for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours a day, if required
Gift CPAs offers a competitive salary plus bonus, an excellent benefits package including medical coverage, company retirement plan, company paid professional dues and continuing education, paid time off for volunteering activities, half-day Fridays over the Summer, fun firm events, and a professional, family-oriented and collaborative office environment.
Interested, qualified candidates for any available job opportunity should send a cover letter and resume to MaryAnne Reynolds.
Gift CPAs is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.